Friday, July 17, 2015

And So It Begins

But where does it begin? I have tried this whole blog thing before and it didn't go so well. But I think the reason it didn't work was because I was trying to make it be something that perhaps it didn't want to be. Or rather it wasn't fitting into the image I had of it in my head.

This time around I'm just going to try to let it be whatever it wants to be. Let it breathe. Let it live.

What you need to know about me: I'm writer (unpublished), I try to adult and succeed only about half the time, and I sarcastic wit and no filter--yes this gets me into trouble.

Recently I came to the conclusion that perhaps blogging under a name that wasn't mine might help me post what I want to post without worrying so much of what people who know me will think. Because it isn't the strangers of the world, of the internet, who scare me. No, strangers reading this and thinking what they want to think is one thing. But it's so different when people you know criticize the thing you're doing. It's different when Aunt Sally tells you she read your blog and was disappointed in how you portrayed XYZ issue.

So to help myself be braver--or dumber, depending on how you look at it--this blog will be from The Awkward Pterodactyl. Why an Awkward Pterodactyl, you might ask? Well, because I'm awkward as fuck and the Pterodactyl is my spirit animal.

Now this blog will deal with my awkward life musings and observations. I'll have some fun links and there will be some serious stuff too. A hodge-podge, mish-mash if you will. I will try to watch my profane and obscene profanities and obscenities, but I make no promises.


That is not me... that is the motherfucking pterodactyl. He's legit.
So, buckle up kids, it's gonna be a (probably) awkward and (hopefully) entertaining ride.

--TAP

PS--here is The MotherFucking Pterodactyl if you have never heard of him:
The Motherfucking Pterodactyl--WARNING: This content may not be suitable for younger viewers...you have been WARNED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment