Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Word for Wednesday

Well, I took a longer break from this blogging thing than I meant to. Such is life, I suppose.

We are closing out 2015 rapidly and that means New Year resolutions. I, myself, make a couple of resolutions every year and usually do a dismal job of keeping them throughout the entire year. However, as I've said before, it's all about progress and not perfection. So as long as you make a genuine effort, then even if you failed, at least you tried.

One of my resolutions will be to update this blog on a more regular basis. I think Word for Wednesday will (hopefully) become a weekly thing since I am a word nerd. And I will try to update with other relevant and fun posts as well.

So now with that out of the way, here is the word for this Wednesday:

PROBITY

Definition: noun. Integrity and uprightness; honesty.

According to Dictionary.com: Probity came to English in the 1500s and finds its roots in the Latin probus meaning "upright." 

So in this new year make sure you make your resolutions with probity. 

Happy New Year to everyone!

--AP

No comments:

Post a Comment